The Road to Retirement

A day in the life as a Trailer Park Landlord. My wife and I just purchased a trailer park. I thought I would create a blog to share some of our "adventurers" with everyone.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bad Boys.. Bad Boys....

Whatcha gonna do.Whatcha gonna do when they come for you."

Now that the Cops theme song is going through your head. Here goes. Saturday night we received a call from the managers wife saying that one of our tenants were getting pretty rowdy. Apparently these guys have been a problem for quite sometime. It is a group of guys from Mexico who are young and like to drink. They speak very little English. I had gone over earlier in the week to talk to them about the beer cans in the yard and the music. They assured me that there would be no more problems. I even had my Dad with me as a translator. Communication was not the problem here. They seem like a good bunch of guys. I thought we wouldn't have anymore problems.

Anyway, We got to the managers place about 9:00pm. We could see the tenants trailer from his place and sure enough they were partying hard. We called the police and they told us they were on their way. I wasn't the first phone call they had. While we were waiting for the police a couple more cars pulled up to join the party. The police arrived about 10:00. I hustled down there to confront my tenants since I now had a policeman between me and about 25 guys. I introduced myself to the police officer and told one of the guys that were going to have to leave. They begged and begged. "Please! No more problems. No more problems." I told them "No!" They had their chance and blew it. Well, by this time we had come down off the porch and we're standing in the yard. The neighbors started coming out. One of them accused one of the party goers of punching him and hitting his 18 month old daughter. People were shouting back and forth. "I didn't touch you!", "Yes, you did!", "Please? We stay?". It was at this point I felt like I was watching a bad episode of cops (or would that be a good episode?). It was definitely something to be seen. The police officer finished up with us and turned his attention to the alleged assault. (Police officers definitely don't get paid enough.) We made our way back to the manager's place and the neighbors retired back their trailers. We kept an eye on what was going on down there and we noticed that another police car pulled up. I don't know what happened. I am not sure if anyone went to jail or not. It was crazy!

Bad boys bad boys
Watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
when they come for you ....

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2007 at 4:12 PM, Blogger lucylocket said...

I was "impressed" with your tenants' choices of window treatments. It seems that most chose sheets, blankets, or quilts. I saw a couple of CSA flags used also. There were a few with blinds; they were hung askew with broken and twisted slats. Trailer park chic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home