The Road to Retirement

A day in the life as a Trailer Park Landlord. My wife and I just purchased a trailer park. I thought I would create a blog to share some of our "adventurers" with everyone.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Remodel

Now that the party animals are gone we finally got to take a look at the trailer. The place was a mess!! I can't believe these guys lived in these conditions. The smell was terrible. There were bugs and mice. I couldn't believe it. The kitchen cabinets are rotted as well as the bathroom cabinets. The carpet is ruined and there wasn't any tile on the kitchen floors. There was also some spots in the floor that are rotted. I can understand not having money for a nice place but there is no excuse for living in filth. I should have taken some pictures for the "Before and After".

We decided to start the remodel this weekend. The first thing I did was start the clean out. They had left a bunch of stuff in there including trash. The next thing was the floors. I ripped all the carpet and padding out, scraped the few remaining vinyl tiles off the kitchen floors. Then we ripped out the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Removing the carpet made a big difference in the smell. Now that the cabinets are gone I realized the floors under the cabinets are rotted also. Next we removed all the rotted wood. Before we left for the night I put out rat poison and set off 4 bug bombs.

Now we have to put it all back together. Hopefully we can get it done this week and get it rented out again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home