The Road to Retirement

A day in the life as a Trailer Park Landlord. My wife and I just purchased a trailer park. I thought I would create a blog to share some of our "adventurers" with everyone.

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Burglar

The other night my manger was having trouble sleeping so he decided to go into his office to watch TV. All of a sudden the dogs started barking. He got up to check what the commotion was. He stopped at the back door and saw the handle turning! He hustled out the front door and snuck around to the back side of the trailer. There he saw someone standing up on his back steps trying to break in. He started over towards the burglar when he was spotted. The burglar took off running with my manager right behind him. He almost caught him but he lost his footing and the guy got away.

I can't believe someone tried to break in with the dogs barking, the back porch light on and they were home. That guy is lucky he didn't get shot through the door. We have decided to install security cameras and put an alarm system on his trailer. There are times when he has quite a bit of money there. Now I am afraid for their safety. Who knows what could happen next time.

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Blogger lucylocket said...

The manager may have been lucky the burglar got away. What was he (the manager) thinking? Lesson 1 - First you call 911. As to who the burglar was--it could have been a guest of your resident drug dealer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home